Proposal for New Annual Award

USML Forums Forums Memorabilia Proposal for New Annual Award

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Mark Kerber
      Participant

I propose that the USML create a new award–The Delmon.  The Delmon would be awarded after the draft, in any year with a preseason draft day, to the owner of the prospect purchased at auction who is deemed most likely to spend his entire 3-year contract in the minors.  This idea had occurred to me in the past, but I thought it might be premature.  However, since Delmon Young is probably going to be suspended for long enough to assure his continued rookie status for the remainder of this season, I think we can consider it now.

Brad Jansen
      Participant

…and I bet we can get a cool Delmon action figure, too…

Mark Kerber
      Participant

Yes, but unlike the Damon, he doesn’t have a bat in his hand.

Mark

Andy Klein
      Participant

If anyone nominates Craig Hansen, I am going to start cursing in all caps and extra-large font …

-Andy

Mark Kerber
      Participant

Craig Hansen (P) Bos was promoted from Double-A Portland to Triple-A Pawtucket Thursday, according to the Boston Herald. He was 1-0 with a 0.82 ERA in five games with Portland. Hansen is slated to make his first appearance for Pawtucket tonight. I’m sure he could help us right now, but I’m not going to say that to Theo (Epstein), Sox manager Terry Francona said. If we got him up once every four days, that’s not going to help him. We need to be patient and let him do his thing.

Once every four days? That sounds like mop-up duty. But, on the bright side, it sounds like the organization believes he’ll be a competent middle reliever once he has a bit more minor league experience.

Mark

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.