[USML Announce] A Thanksgiving Story

Robbins, Richard rrobbins at Sidley.com
Tue Nov 25 09:07:49 EST 2003

My brother sent this to me and I thought you might enjoy it.

-- Rich

Subject: A Thanksgiving Story

A young man named John received a parrot as a gift. The parrot had a bad
attitude and an even worse vocabulary. Every word out of the bird's mouth
was rude, obnoxious and laced with profanity. John tried and tried to change
the bird's attitude by consistently saying only polite words, playing soft
music and anything else he could think of to "clean up" the bird's
vocabulary. Finally, John was fed up and he yelled at the parrot.

The parrot yelled back. John shook the parrot and the parrot got angrier and
even more rude. John, in desperation, threw up his hand, grabbed the bird
and put him in the freezer. For a few minutes the parrot squawked and kicked
and screamed. Then suddenly there was total quiet. Not a peep was heard for
over a minute.

Fearing that he'd hurt the parrot, John quickly opened the door to the
freezer. The parrot calmly stepped out onto John's outstretched arms and
said "I believe I may have offended you  with my rude language and actions.
I'm sincerely remorseful for my inappropriate transgressions and I fully
intend to do everything I can to correct my rude and unforgivable behavior."

John was stunned at the change in the bird's attitude. As he was about to
ask the parrot what had made such a dramatic change in his behavior, the
bird continued,

"May I ask what the turkey did?"

Richard E. Robbins
Sidley Austin Brown & Wood LLP
Bank One Plaza
10 S. Dearborn Street
Chicago, Illinois  60603
t> 312.853.4346
f> 312.853.7036
RRobbins at sidley.com

Sidley Austin Brown & Wood LLP mail server made the following annotations on
11/25/2003, 08:08:14 AM

This e-mail is sent by a law firm and may contain information that is
privileged or confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, please
delete the e-mail and any attachments and notify us immediately.