[USML Announce] Mobile FAAB Dollars

Richard E. Robbins RERobbins at itinker.net
Wed Feb 4 15:21:41 EST 2004

I do not have a strong view either way as to allowing trades for FAAB dollars, which is why I proposed alternative language on the point.  We currently do not permit it and if we are to maintain that posture, we should codify our position from last year regarding trades of players who are already out of the AL.

That being said, I'm not terribly concerned about the ability of an owner to influence matters by including FAAB dollars in trade.  We have a decent set of rules to deal with imbalanced trades.  All trades can impact what happens in a year.  If moving a few FAAB dollars in trade allows people to conclude what they believe to be a mutually benefical deal, that's fine with me.

Again, I don't think it's a huge deal either way.