[USML Announce] USML Rules Voting

SpringKerb at aol.com SpringKerb at aol.com
Mon Feb 9 10:56:15 EST 2004

In a message dated 2/9/2004 9:17:25 AM Eastern Standard Time, JHWinick writes:

> Then may I encourage you to modify your vote and switch to option A from option C.  That would be, by far, the easiest
> solution to strengthening the salary floor.

Actually, I think option A goes a long way to fixing the problem without making any floor adjustments, although it certainly would not preclude an adjustment to the floor.  With option A, a team can no longer put in a FAAB bid and automatically know it will add the bid amount to its floor.  For example, last year, my $35 bid on Kevin Witt would have yielded a $5 player, and my $51 bid on Brian Roberts would have given me a salary of maybe $20 or so (don't remember the other bids).

By limiting the salary impact of FAAB players to a dollar more than the under-bidder, option A makes it so no team can unilaterally puff up its salary structure.  That was one of the main reasons Rich proposed it.