[USML Announce] USML Rules Voting

Richard E. Robbins RERobbins at itinker.net
Mon Feb 9 12:28:33 EST 2004

No -- the current high bid will not be known.

On eBay, you never really know the high bid, unless you are the high bidder at the moment.  You know the current price but that is not the same thing.  When you toss in a bid on eBay that is more than the current price you don't know if you are going to be the then current high bidder or if you are merely going to drive up what someone else will pay.

We are not proposing establishing real time bidding like eBay.

By eBay style I was merely trying to capture a familiar reference for the pricing mechanism.

I fear phrases like "known dumping team" and "willfully attempting" when it comes to administering rules.