[USML Announce] Kerber's Proposal

Richard E. Robbins RERobbins at iTinker.net
Mon Feb 23 20:39:20 EST 2004

I think that Mark's original proposal probably is the better approach.

If we reduce the pool of auction eligible players to those who have lost
USML rookie status we may end up with scarcity problems -- we are expanding
to eleven teams.  Additionally, there will be some players who have lost
rookie status by virtue of the days of service rule.  I don't want to bother
trying to figure out who has lost status because they have been rostered at
the major league level too long even though they haven't had enough ABs or
IPs.  Finally, even if a prospect gets grabbed, his or her contract will
start running right away and not much damage should result.

For all these reasons, I support Mark's original proposal as to auction
eligibility.