[USML Announce] Roto news

Richard E. Robbins RERobbins at iTinker.net
Mon Feb 23 20:44:20 EST 2004

If Soriano were to be traded to the Mets after our draft, Jeff will be
thrilled to get $15 in FAAB money back as more than adequate compensation.

I'm sure glad we play in a league where NL stats are never counted.

(Sorry guys, I couldn't resist.  This one was just too easy.  I know I'm in
the minority on this one.)

-- Rich
  _____

From: announce-bounces at usml.net [mailto:announce-bounces at usml.net] On Behalf
Of Blocker, Mark B.
Sent: Monday, February 23, 2004 12:16 PM
To: 'announce at usml.net'
Subject: [USML Announce] Roto news

I didn't want anyone to miss this tidbit of news...

According to the Newark Star-Ledger, the Rangers and Mets could talk later
this spring about a trade that would send Alfonso Soriano back to New York
for Jose Reyes and Tyler Yates.
It's believed that the Mets want Soriano, but they'd probably prefer to keep
Reyes and build a deal around top pitching prospect Scott Kazmir. The Mets
view Soriano as a right fielder, so they'd still want Reyes at second base.

Mark B. Blocker
Sidley Austin Brown & Wood LLP
Bank One Plaza
10 S. Dearborn Street
Chicago, IL 60603
Tel: (312) 853-6097
Fax: (312) 853-7036
E-mail: Mblocker at sidley.com
Assistant: Sylvia Tillig (312) 853-7699

Sidley Austin Brown & Wood LLP mail server made the following annotations on
02/23/2004, 12:17:03 PM

This e-mail is sent by a law firm and may contain information that is
privileged or confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, please
delete the e-mail and any attachments and notify us immediately.