[USML Announce] USML 2004 - Let the Games Begin

MBBlocker at aol.com MBBlocker at aol.com
Sat Jan 17 10:57:23 EST 2004

Gents:

  With the conclusion of the football season last weekend, it is time to
start planning for USML 2004 -- the 16th season of our storied league.  Sadly,
this season will mark the beginning of the post-Riptorns era.  O a more positive
note, though, this will give us a chance to reinvigorate the league with some
new blood.

  Three items need to be addressed immediately.

1.  Draft Day:  This may be a more thorny problem than in past years.  The
season starts on March 31, so the ideal draft day is Saturday, April 3, 2004.
However, April 5 is Passover, and if anyone is planning to go out of town, that
could be a problem.  April 4 is a possibility, but in my mind, too close to
Passover for marital comfort.  The weekend of April 10 is also possible, but
April 11 is Easter.  Please e-mail me right away with your availability on all
of those dates.

2.  New owners:  Various persons have suggested possible new owners.  We need
to get one or more people on board right away.  I have received several
strong endorsements for one of the Brats' friends who goes by the Kramer-like name
of Buddha.  The problem is that he cannot draft on the weekend of April 3.  In
any event, we really need to resolve this issue asap, and probably before
issue 1.

3.  Retention rosters:  We will need to set a roster freeze date, but before
people set their rosters, we will really need to know how many owners there
will be because it affects the number of players that will ultimately be on each
roster.  Again, this requires us to address issue number 2 right away.

  Lets begin an e-mail string this weekend to start addressing all of these
issues.