[USML Announce] USML - Draft Day dilemma

Jim Barrett chicagojab at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 25 21:59:12 EST 2004

Saturday, March 13, in the a.m. would be better for this out-of-towner.  But, if Friday night works best for most I'll try to arrange to work from Chicago on Friday.  That is if my former Chicago co-workers will have me back (Kerber took my old office).

MBBlocker at aol.com wrote:Gang:

  In reading through the e-mail, it seems like almost every weekend will pose a problem of one sort or another.  But whatever the solution is going to be, we have to implement it fast so people can start planning.  I have not even checked my own calendar to see if I am available the weekend of March 13 (I didn't even know that date was on the table?), but I think everyone should promptly weigh in with their availability for that weekend.

  I would propose the following, assuming that most people are available on the weekend of March 13: (1) we set a draft date on that weekend, but (2) keep open the evening of April 2 as an alternate date for now in case the SBC strike is averted well in advance (probably a long-shot, I know) -- far enough in advance to give out-of-towners time to adjust.  If the draft must be that weekend of March 13, I would suggest either a Friday night or a Saturday a.m.  I have a trial in Michigan that starts on Monday, March 15 (Mark/Jim: its against SBC, so I know you guys will understand).

  Please try to respond quickly; we can set a date and then deal with the attendant problems of drafting early and new rules proposals.