[USML Announce] USML - Draft Day dilemma

john.fruit at usbank.com john.fruit at usbank.com
Mon Jan 26 08:35:32 EST 2004

I can commit to the weekend of March 12-13, whatever day works the best.  I
would also potentially be able to do April 2nd if it came to that. The
advantage to the 13th is that Buddha would be able to make it.  With all
the nuances regarding player eligibility, it could get a bit unwieldy
trying to delegate draft day responsibilities to a mere mortal.   J.

                      MBBlocker at aol.com
                      Sent by:                 To:       announce at usml.net
                      announce-bounces@        cc:
                      usml.net                 Subject:  [USML Announce] USML - Draft Day dilemma

                      01/25/2004 08:05
                      PM
                      Please respond to
                      "USML
                      Announcements"

Gang:

  In reading through the e-mail, it seems like almost every weekend will
pose a problem of one sort or another.  But whatever the solution is going
to be, we have to implement it fast so people can start planning.  I have
not even checked my own calendar to see if I am available the weekend of
March 13 (I didn't even know that date was on the table?), but I think
everyone should promptly weigh in with their availability for that weekend.

  I would propose the following, assuming that most people are available on
the weekend of March 13: (1) we set a draft date on that weekend, but (2)
keep open the evening of April 2 as an alternate date for now in case the
SBC strike is averted well in advance (probably a long-shot, I know) -- far
enough in advance to give out-of-towners time to adjust.  If the draft must
be that weekend of March 13, I would suggest either a Friday night or a
Saturday a.m.  I have a trial in Michigan that starts on Monday, March 15
(Mark/Jim: its against SBC, so I know you guys will understand).

  Please try to respond quickly; we can set a date and then deal with the
attendant problems of drafting early and new rules proposals.