[USML Announce] Roster Freeze Day

Jim Barrett chicagojab at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 28 21:27:32 EST 2004

In an effort to formalize the dates for this year I move as follows:

1) Roster Freeze Day should be March 6th.  All rosters must be submitted by 11:59 pm.

2) The draft should take place on March 13th in the AM.

Taking in reverse order, I know we have already decided the weekend but it seems like there is still some uncertainty on whether the draft is Friday night or Saturday morning.  This should clarify.  With respect to Freeze Day, I realize that during most seasons the freeze day is March 15th, which is more than two weeks in advance of the draft.  However, Spring Training games don't start until March 3rd.  Since the draft is so early this year, I think we should sacrifice some of the two week lead time so that everyone has at least some chance to see how the players do during the first week of Spring Training.

What say you all?