[USML Announce] Notice of Hot Wax Seal

JHWinick at aol.com JHWinick at aol.com
Sat Jul 3 11:59:04 EDT 2004

In a message dated 7/3/2004 6:14:18 AM Central Daylight Time,
MBBlocker at aol.com writes:
I am glad to see Jeff finally making deals, because he must have noticed that
he is only 9 points ahead of a team that is "perennially rebuilding" and
dumped its roster two months ago.  That must be cause for concern....

  -- Mark B.

Holy cow!  The truth is that I really hadn't noticed.  Makes one truly
appreciate how disappointing this season has been.

Upon reflection, however, I owe Mark B an apology.  The Block's Bombers do
not annually rebuild.  A team that was "perennially rebuilding" would actually
challenge for a title once in a blue moon.  And that just wouldn't be a fair
characterization of the Bomber's performance.  Nor would a rebuilding team have
a roster with a salary of 252 and include 6 asterisk players (and 3 free
agents) among its active players.  And, most importantly, a rebuilding team
wouldn't have left Greinke on the table.

So, out of respect to the Bomber's, I  wish to strike my use of the term
"perennially rebuilding" and substitute the phrase "perennially driving to a
middle of the pack finish".

Happy 4th of July to everyone.

Jeff Winick