[USML Announce] 7-18 USML Moves

MBBlocker at aol.com MBBlocker at aol.com
Sun Jul 18 18:01:34 EDT 2004

In a message dated 7/18/2004 4:53:16 PM Central Daylight Time,
RERobbins at iTinker.net writes:

Who on earth is Bucky  Jacobsen?

--  Rich

He is actually a great story.  He will probably play first base for  the
Mariners for the rest of the year now that they let Olerud go.  But  aside from
that, he is a long-time minor leaguer (7 years I think) and huge fan  favorite.
He was well known for hanging around after games to talk  and mingle with
fans, and some fans started a website to track his progress  called
buckybackers.com (its still up).  He started his career in Kane  County.

>From a baseball perspective, he is supposed to be a Dave Kingman  type.  He's
got huge power, has won some minor league home run contests,  has hit a
couple a mammoth shots, and is generally a strong guy.  He's  never made it to the
show because I think he could never put it all together,  but now he has his
shot.

He should be fun to watch the rest of the year.