[USML Announce] You Miss One Day ...

SpringKerb at aol.com SpringKerb at aol.com
Tue Jul 20 08:38:15 EDT 2004

In a message dated 7/20/2004 7:13:34 AM Central Daylight Time,
anrklein at yahoo.com writes:

Surely  Kerber would have agreed to that.

Nope, I wouldn't have--primarily because Greinke was my fifth (and last)
starter, and Blocker didn't have a decent starter to give back, having shipped
off his other decent pitchers, besides Buehrle.  That would have left me  with
only four starters, and Garcia at that time was rumored to be headed into  the
NL, which would have taken me down to three.  In fact, one of the keys  to my
deal with the Cups was getting two useful starting pitchers back.