[USML Announce] Hot wax seal....

JHWinick at aol.com JHWinick at aol.com
Sun Jun 6 09:01:36 EDT 2004

In a message dated 6/6/2004 7:52:11 AM Central Daylight Time,
anrklein at yahoo.com writes:
BTW, was there any doubt that BJ Upton would someday join the Red Hots?  I
saw Upton play a couple of weeks ago when I took my kids to the
Indianapolis-Durham game.  The ball definitely jumps off his bat.  But he has got to be the
cockiest, most obnoxious kid in all of baseball.  He whined after every called
strike, he loafed down the line on ground balls, and he spent tons of time
making sure that his sweat bands fit *just so*.  I can't wait until Lou Piniella
meets him -- he might break Upton in half before he plays a week!

-Andy
I remember another guy just like that.  Saw him down in the Arizona Fall
League.  This kid could play!  Natural skills as good as anyone I've seen down
there in a long while.  But boy, you want to talk about attitude.  Flipped his
bat after hits, jogged out ground outs, had his mouth going every time he made a
nice play.  Every manager down there hated him.  One manager, Thad Bosley,
said a kid like that would never play for him.  But things worked out
for.......Brandon Phillips.  So, Rich, this really is nothing to be too concerned about.