[USML Announce] Fwd: Send this to the league, Mark

Blocker, Mark B. mblocker at Sidley.com
Thu Jun 10 15:55:17 EDT 2004

Now here is where I have to step in.  According to Jeff, Mondesi is a fine
purchase because he has a long track record, whereas Kerber's guys with
short track records are not so special.  I can't believe I am saying this,
but I agree with Jeff.

However, I can't help but wonder why Jeff is able to say the above, which is
correct, and then a week earlier explain that in my trade I should have
asked Kerber for a guy with no MLB track record (Greinke) instead of a guy
with a proven track record (Mulder) who would go for $25 above in any usml
draft.  I am sure that Jeff will shortly explain why I have missed the boat
on this, but I am having trouble using my own limited roto skills to
reconcile these points.  Perhaps I am just easily confused.

Also, I am heartened to hear from Jeff in earlier e-mails that the dump
trade standard requires that the dumpee trade his most valuable keeper.
Jeff, I look forward to doing a deal with you, and I assume you will follow
the rule by trading Soriano or Crawford to me for some subset of my four
valuable remaining chips (Ichiro, Sheffield, Anderson, Texeira).

  -- Mark B. (Future Owner of Crawford/Soriano -- cross out whichever I
don't get).