Fw: [USML Announce] USML Schedule

Blocker, Mark B. mblocker at Sidley.com
Thu Mar 4 11:02:50 EST 2004

While that would make for an interesting story if that were the totality of
what happened, Kerber of course leaves out the conclusion to this story,
which is that I made a perfectly reasonable counterproposal that Ortlieb
ended up accepting, and the judge acknowledged on the record the hard work
both sides had put in to come up with a fair compromise.  But that kind of
stuff just does not make for good soundbites, I guess.

-----Original Message-----
From: announce-bounces at usml.net [mailto:announce-bounces at usml.net]On
Behalf Of SpringKerb at aol.com
Sent: Thursday, March 04, 2004 9:40 AM
To: announce at usml.net
Subject: Re: Fw: [USML Announce] USML Schedule

In a message dated 3/4/2004 9:49:13 AM Eastern Standard Time,
mblocker at Sidley.com writes:

> While I can't stand your employer, I really enjoyed meeting your
colleagues.  Mark Ortlieb and Steve Beck were top notch
> lawyers and nice guys.

Amusing tale related to both work and roto.  After one of the hearings,
Ortlieb was telling me that he and Blocker were working through some
evidentiary issues.  Ortlieb said, "I made Blocker a perfectly good offer
and he wouldn't consider it."  Can you imagine that?

Mark

Sidley Austin Brown & Wood LLP mail server made the following annotations on
03/04/2004, 10:04:10 AM

This e-mail is sent by a law firm and may contain information that is
privileged or confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, please
delete the e-mail and any attachments and notify us immediately.