[USML Announce] Berliners Retention Roster

JHWinick at aol.com JHWinick at aol.com
Fri Mar 5 17:39:43 EST 2004

In a message dated 3/5/2004 4:10:51 PM Central Standard Time,
SpringKerb at aol.com writes:
In a message dated 3/5/2004 5:05:55 PM Eastern Standard Time,
rickgam at comcast.net writes:

> Damn!  Shades of the Riptorns!  How does the defending league champ still
come up with a roster like that?  Aren't we supposed to deplete our rosters of
all bargain talent whilst
> trading for established talent during championship drives?

No kidding.  That's what I told you all a couple of months ago.

Mark
I appreciate the compliments, but let's not lose sight of the fact that the
best retention roster belongs to the Nukes.  Take a closer look:

Spiezio, Mueller, Crede, Phelps, Huff, Ibanez, Mulder and Lopez all at least
$10 under value (and Eckstein is no slouch) along with a stud prospect like
Greinke coming up behind.

The smart money's got to be on the Nukes at this point.  And judging by the
fact that Kerber allowed the contracts of Spiezio, Crede, Phelps and Ibanez to
expire and only kicked Huff one year - it seems clear that somebody is
throwing caution to the wind and going for it all this year.

Let the games begin!!!