[USML Announce] Draft Eligibility - PLEASE VOTE

john.fruit at usbank.com john.fruit at usbank.com
Mon Mar 8 15:20:32 EST 2004

I'm inclined to vote for a slimmed -down version of the NRI list, but I'm
just asking aloud what the criteria would be for including players on this
list (?)  Is it a subjective assessment of who stands to stick with the ML
club? Jeff, how did you arrive at your proposed list?

                      JHWinick at aol.com
                      Sent by:                 To:       announce at usml.net
                      announce-bounces@        cc:
                      usml.net                 Subject:  [USML Announce] Draft Eligibility - PLEASE VOTE

                      03/08/2004 01:19
                      PM
                      Please respond to
                      "USML
                      Announcements"

Gentlemen,

After a long discussion with Rich Robbins, it seems that there is a need to
lock this issue down.  Therefore, I put the following issue to the league
for a vote.  There are three options:

1.    Only players on 40 man rosters (plus Joe Mauer) are eligible to be
drafted.
2.    Only players on 40 man rosters or on the Non Roster Invitee List are
eligible to be                 drafted.
3.    Only players on the 40 man rosters plus those players identified and
agreed upon by             the league membership will be eligible to the
drafted.

As you may have seen with my prior email, there are a number of major
league veterans that are on the NRI list (Helling, McLemore) as well as a
few prospects that may break camp with the team (Blanton, Crain, Reed,
etc.).  It is worth noting that there are also quite a few pure prospects
on the 40 man rotations (Delmon Young, Bobby Jenks, etc.).  I think this is
an imperfect situation where we ought to let the market work - i.e. let
everyone have an equal crack at all of these players knowing full well that
they may be worthless this year and will have contracts already starting to
run.

Lets see if we can get this resolved today.

Jeff Winick