[USML Announce] Draft Eligibility - PLEASE VOTE

Richard E. Robbins RERobbins at iTinker.net
Tue Mar 9 06:15:40 EST 2004

Mark,

Are you suggesting that a prospect who we reasonably expect will be on an
opening day roster should be added even if that person is not on the 40-man
NRI?  That was not at all what I had in mind.  I really don't want to get
into a debate as to whether Jeremy Reed etc. is likely to be on the major
league roster.  Similarly, I don't want to debate whether or not a vet on an
NRI is likely to be on an opening day major league roster.  I want a simple,
clean rule that tend to limit the number of prospects made available for the
draft.

I'm sorry to keep hammering away on this point but I am really concerned
that people may come up with differing interpretations of what we are doing
that will lead to a dispute at the draft.  We really don't need that.

-- Rich

  _____