[USML Announce] Draft Eligibility Matters

Richard E. Robbins RERobbins at iTinker.net
Tue Mar 9 07:59:24 EST 2004

I have added a few things to the usml.net web site to try to facilitate
draft matters.  If you go to www.usml.net and click on the AL Rosters tab at
the top of the page you should get to a page with a link to each of the two
pdf files I circulated yesterday plus a list of non-rookie non-roster
invitees (plus Joe Mauer) assembled from the list that Jeff circulated.
This list does not include prospects Jeff placed on his list.

I have posted this information to help people think about how they'd like to
handle draft day eligibility matters and am not suggesting that any
particular approach has been adopted yet.

I know that many of you find this sort of nit-picking administrative chatter
to be really irritating.  It's not fun for me either.  On the other hand,
draft day disputes and confusion on this sort of stuff is significantly
worse.

We are all very busy.  The early draft really complicates matters.  Let's do
what we can to get through it all as best we can.