[USML Announce] A Few Other Details to Ponder

Richard E. Robbins RERobbins at iTinker.net
Wed Mar 10 23:25:38 EST 2004

Why is it necessary to have more than one transaction period before opening
day.  Shouldn't a single move date just before opening day suffice?  What
about FAAB bidding?

-- Rich

  _____

From: announce-bounces at usml.net [mailto:announce-bounces at usml.net] On Behalf
Of Jim Barrett
Sent: Wednesday, March 10, 2004 10:19 PM
To: USML Announcements
Subject: Re: [USML Announce] A Few Other Details to Ponder

We should allow roster moves prior to opening day.  Everyone is operating at
a disadvantage of not knowing for sure which players will make the opening
day rosters.  If someone has a player who gets cut, traded or injured before
opening day, that owner shouldn't get penalized for it.  So we should have a
couple of Sundays of transaction reporting days prior to the beginning of
the season.  The first transaction day would be March 14th (although I
wouldn't be opposed to having a one week delay on it, thereby pushing it to
the 21st).

"Richard E. Robbins" <RERobbins at iTinker.net> wrote:

We should probably sort out how to handle pre-opening day transactions.

Should we allow roster moves in advance of MLB opening day?

When will we first entertain FAAB bids?

For example, if a player gets traded into the AL after our draft but before
opening day, when would that player first be eligible to be picked up in
FAAB bidding?

I've given this stuff no though whatsoever and have no idea what TQ stats
will allow us to do.

I'm just trying to identify issues that we will need to resolve.