[USML Announce] NO WAIVERS

JHWinick at aol.com JHWinick at aol.com
Thu Mar 11 01:09:28 EST 2004

Amazing!!  Despite the fact that we're drafting well in advance of the
season, I believe this is the first time that there have been no last minute
waivers.

So.....what do we make of the fact that the Klein Nine kept McDougal?
Klein's going to have a closer coming out of the draft for the first time in a long
while.  I, for one, and going to miss the moans and groans when one closer
after another goes for just a little bit more than Andy thought was reasonable.
I suppose this year, there will be little cries of glee from the Klein Nine
portion of the table.

And, what to make of the fact that Lance "The Man" Carter actually stuck on
the Block's Bombers roster?  Could this mean that having reaped the benefit of
a well balanced trade we're about to see the Block's Bombers turn over a new
leaf?  Count this voice as still very, very, very skeptical.

And, finally, what conclusions are to be drawn from the fact that the Nukes,
locked out in the corners and the designated hitter slots before the draft
even begins, did nothing to address this strategic disadvantage?  The smart money
says that Kerber will be shaking the trees looking to turn Josh "Baby
Branyon" Phelps into anything other than a designated hitter or corner guy.  Be
prepared for his seemingly innocent inquiries.

LET THE GAMES BEGIN.  42 hours and counting!!!

Jeff Winick