[USML Announce] Licking My Wounds

Andrew R. Klein anrklein at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 22 21:49:01 EST 2004

Bud Selig should leave poor, young Josh alone.  There's no point in
suspending a guy over a few doobies when there's a league full of 'roid
freaks out there.  Free Josh, I say!

As for Chan Ho, I am cautiously optimistic that he will achieve "Man"
status.  For now, though, the two leading contenders to become "The Man" are
Damaso Marte and Kurt Leskanic.  As evidence, I present the following two
Rotoworld items on pretenders Billy Koch and Mike MacDougal:

<<
Billy Koch had his first poor outing of the spring today, giving up three
runs in the ninth against the Brewers.  ... [Koch's] his fastball isn't what
is was two years ago, he's going to have outings like this from time to
time. It's not all that likely that he'll survive the season as the closer
for the White Sox .

<<
Mike MacDougal is still struggling to regain his strength after a severe
stomach ailment earlier this month and may not be ready for Opening Day.
...If MacDougal isn't ready for the start of the season, Curtis Leskanic
would take over as Kansas City's closer.
Andrew R. Klein
Indiana University School of Law-Indianapolis
(317) 274-2099