[USML Announce] Rosters and transactions

MBBlocker at aol.com MBBlocker at aol.com
Thu Mar 25 08:53:44 EST 2004

Gang:

  First, thanks to all of those who have submitted roster corrections, thank
you.  If you have any further corrections, please try to submit them as soon
as possible.  The way our website is designed, you must "submit" the rosters to
the system before the rosters will begin to populate all of the relevant
fields and permit the system to start keeping score.  However, once you "submit"
the rosters, it is more difficult to make corrections and roster moves.  In
order to submit the rosters in as complete a fashion as possible, I urge everyone
to continue to review the rosters and submit any moves.  A simple "my team is
correct" e-mail will help me assess when to submit the rosters.

  Second, we need to decide when to permit the first set of roster moves.
The first games of the season are next week, but there are only three of them.
I would propose the following: that team be permitted to make regular roster
moves before this Sunday (activating and reserving players) and then we permit
full blown roster moves, including FAAB bidding, in next week's reporting
period.  I cannot recall from our discussion at the draft table how we agreed to
do this, but let me know if this is acceptable.  I propose we do it this way
because I cannot tell from the system if it will even be possible to put in FAAB
moves prior to the first week of the season.

  For newcomers, I will submit an explanation of how to make your roster
moves online later today.