[USML Announce] That's More Than I Needed to Know. . .

john.fruit at usbank.com john.fruit at usbank.com
Thu Mar 25 14:39:19 EST 2004

What the heck is going on in Detroit? They've now got 4 closers and no
starters. Well, Jason Johnson might count as 1/2.

                      "Richard E.
                      Robbins"                 To:       "'USML Announcements'" <announce at usml.net>
                      <RERobbins at iTinke        cc:
                      r.net>                   Subject:  [USML Announce] That's More Than I Needed to Know. . .
                      Sent by:
                      announce-bounces@
                      usml.net

                      03/25/2004 01:31
                      PM
                      Please respond to
                      "USML
                      Announcements"

LAKELAND, Fla. -- Reliever Ugueth Urbina was ready to sign as a free agent
with the Detroit Tigers on Thursday after helping the Florida Marlins win
last year's World Series.

[text deleted]

Urbina said his relationship with Rodriguez was a key factor in deciding to
settle on Detroit.

"Pudge has called me several times. He called three days ago. He said, 'I
really want you to play with me,'" Urbina said.