[USML Announce] First Week FAAB Bidding

SpringKerb at aol.com SpringKerb at aol.com
Sun Mar 28 10:57:01 EST 2004

As far as I can determine from looking through the e-mail archive, we
intended to have a "full" transaction period today, i.e., both FAAB bids and other
moves.  See the March thread called "A Few Other Details to Ponder."  Discussion
was limited, but I don't see anything to the contrary.

So, unless someone tells me differently, I believe FAAB bids are permitted
today, along with other moves.  Also, since MLB rosters are far from set, and
since there's no obvious harm in it, I don't see any reason not to allow FAAB
bidding on any player who would be auction draft eligible, since that would be
the closest analogy right now to "normal" FAAB eligibility.