[USML Announce] Greetings from the Grapefruit League

Doug Shabelman DougS at BurnsSports.com
Wed Mar 31 17:11:32 EST 2004

Keep dreaming Rich....and you too, Kerber:

"It has happened in the past, last year was exactly the same thing,"
Delgado, attempting to play down the problem, was quoted as saying in
Tuesday's Toronto Sun. "It's not fun because you want to break camp healthy,
good to go, but it's not any different than what it was last year.

"The one good thing about spring training is you can take a little longer
[more days off], pace yourself and make sure you are ready to go when the
bell rings."

-----Original Message-----
From: Richard E. Robbins [mailto:RERobbins at iTinker.net]
Sent: Wednesday, March 31, 2004 3:49 PM
To: announce at usml.net
Subject: [USML Announce] Greetings from the Grapefruit League

As much as I enjoyed waking up yesterday morning to catch the Tino Martinez
highlight show, this morning was even better.  A pair of Jorge Posada three
run dingers and a Kenny Lofton run scored to boot.  This afternoon we went
to Ed Smith stadium (formerly home of the Chicago White Sox and now home of
the Cincinnati Reds) and saw the Reds play the Blue Jays.  I have two items
to report of special interest to Mark Kerber -- Willy Mo Pena played (what a
great name) and Josh Phelps played first base (see the attached picture).
With Deladao's creaky knees, Phelps could qualify at first base very soon.
Keep your fingers crossed Mark.

Life is good.