[USML Announce] Where's Aquilino When You Need Him

SpringKerb at aol.com SpringKerb at aol.com
Wed May 19 21:37:58 EDT 2004

According to the Super Register, his numbers aren't quite that good, e.g., a
3.60 ERA for his minor league career.  That includes his best year, which was
2000 with the Northern League's Sioux Falls Canaries.  He did most of it while
working middle relief, from which I conclude that he was seldom good enough
to either start or close--even when he was with the Canaries (zero games
started, zero saves).  And, once you adjust for age, the numbers look even weaker.
Not my idea of a prospect, but you're certainly entitled to your own opinion,
or at least your own puffery.