[USML Announce] Final Payouts - Round of Applause to the Commissioner

JHWinick at aol.com JHWinick at aol.com
Tue Oct 19 13:02:01 EDT 2004

Gentlemen,

The calculations are complete and the payouts are ready to go.  Can  each of
the money-place finishers please provide me the address to which you  want the
check delivered?  In addition, if you (like me) want the check  made out to
your wife, please provide that information as well.

Totals:

Mark Kerber (Nukes)        $550
Andy Klein (Klein Nine)    $275
Jeff Winick (Berliners)      $165
Jim Barrett (Calamari)      $110
Stat Service  Fee              $110

I would like to take this opportunity to offer a hearty thank you to  our
Commissioner, Mr. Blocker.  Although I spend most of the  year busting his balls,
there is a time to acknowledge his importance to  the league and to thank him
for his contributions.  For those that don't  know, Mark is the reason that
there is a USML.  Way back in 1989 he decided  that he'd gather up some friends
and start a little friendly competition.   He also agreed to take on the
arduous task of commissioner.  Mind you, this  was at a time when the statistics
were only available in hard copy in USA Today,  once a week.  Mark would
manually calculate the stats and distribute them  to rest of the league.  If the
rest of you enjoy this league as much as I,  take a moment and thank the guy who
is responsible for this insidious little  diversion from everyday life.
Thanks, Mark.

Jeff Winick