[USML Announce] 07-31 USML Moves

Blocker, Mark B. mblocker at Sidley.com
Mon Aug 1 09:06:39 EDT 2005

I plead guilty on the Sanchez waiver; he was not eligible and $2 will be
deducted from my FAAB.

I am uncertain how to handle Cruz.  He was not in the player database, but
had been traded to the AL.  I looked at the Constitution and it does not
squarely address this (although I think it would be preferable in the
offseason to amend the constitution to make clear that a player must be
listed in the TQStats datbase, because it eliminates any disputes about who
is available).

  In any event, any thoughts on Cruz?

  _____

From: announce-bounces at usml.net [mailto:announce-bounces at usml.net] On Behalf
Of SpringKerb at aol.com
Sent: Monday, August 01, 2005 6:42 AM
To: announce at usml.net
Subject: Re: [USML Announce] 07-31 USML Moves

J. Cruz was not eligible for purchase.  He did not yet appear on the TQS FA
list, at least as of about 11:58 yesterday morning.

Also, Alex Sanchez was not eligible for FAAB compensation.  He was not
traded, but instead was waived and then signed by SF.  (I might have let
that one go, had you not aced me out for Betancourt.)

Mark

Sidley Austin Brown & Wood LLP mail server made the following annotations on 08/01/2005, 08:06:25 AM:

To comply with certain U.S. Treasury regulations, we inform you that, unless expressly stated otherwise, any U.S. federal tax advice contained in this e-mail, including attachments, is not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, by any person for the purpose of avoiding any penalties that may be imposed by the Internal Revenue Service.

This e-mail is sent by a law firm and may contain information that is privileged or confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete the e-mail and any attachments and notify us immediately.