[USML Announce] 8-07 USML Moves

Blocker, Mark B. mblocker at Sidley.com
Mon Aug 8 10:52:17 EDT 2005

Corrected.

  _____

From: announce-bounces at usml.net [mailto:announce-bounces at usml.net] On Behalf
Of Jim Barrett
Sent: Sunday, August 07, 2005 06:04 PM
To: USML Announcements
Subject: Re: [USML Announce] 8-07 USML Moves

It doesn't quite look like the my roster was input correctly (I know it was
complicated this week with all the players moving around).  I had asked that
Polanco be placed at CI.  Luis Rodriguez should have stayed at MI.  I also
asked that Tiffee (who now is listed as a 6th OF) be placed at UT while
Belhorn should be reserved.

Thanks in advance for the corrections.

Jim

Usmltrans at aol.com wrote:

League:

  Very busy week.  Please make sure that I got all of these transactions
correct.

I.  FAAB

Nukes -5 (Sherill)
Nukes -5 (LaForest)
Nukes -23 (Cruz)
Nukes -7 (Petagine)
Brats -0 (Nix)
Bombers -5 (German)
LMC -5 (Tiffee)
Hoosiers -6 (R. Colon)

II.  Notes

AYM:  Roster below $200 floor, so players randomly selected for compliance.

Berliners:  Roster complies as is, but please not that with I Rod roster was
$1 too high.  Wiki Gonzalez move solved problem.

III.  E-mailed moves

Nukes:

Nukes transactions, subject to modification.

Trades:
1.  Damon Hollins to Hoosier Daddies for Jarrod Washburn.
2.  Curt Schilling and Reed Johnson to Block's Bombers for Aubrey Huff and
Mike Timlin.
3.  Joe Mauer and Javier Herrera to Lake Michigan Calamari for Jason Varitek
and Eric Hinske.

Washburn to reserve roster.  Varitek to active roster at C, in Mauer slot.
Huff to active roster at CI, Kevin Millar to OF.  Hinske to active roster at
UT, reserve Terrence Long.  Timlin to active roster in Schilling slot.

Bid $8 on FA George Sherrill.  Bid $8 on FA Pete LaForest.  Bid $24 on FA
Jose Cruz, Jr.  If FA bids are successful, waive the following players in
the
following order to make room:  Chad Gaudin, Matt Diaz, Jason Davis.

Calamari:

trade: Matsui, Wells, Koskie, Johnson, and Rodriguez to Berliners in
exchange
for: Crawford, Moss, Polanco, Silva, & Zaun

Calamari trade: Varitek & Hinske to Nukes in exchange for: Mauer and Herrera

Activate Mauer and Zaun at C
Activate Silva at P
Activate Crawford at OF
Activate Polanco at CI

Reserve Herrera & Moss

Berliners:

The Berliners trade

Carl Crawford
Brandon Moss
Placido Polanco
Carlos Silva
Greg Zaun

to the Calamari for:

Hideki Matsui
Vernon Wells
Cory Koskie
Randy Johnson
Ivan Rodriguez

Activate Matsui for Crawford at OF
Activate Wells for Ozuna at OF, reserve Ozuna
Activate Rodriguez for Zaun at C
Activate Johnson for Silva
Activate Koskie for Polanco at UT
Move Cuddyer to MI

Waiver claim on Laynce Nix.  If successful, reserve Nix and waive
Quintanilla.

That is all.

Jeff Winick

Brats:

Waiver claim on Laynce Nix, to reserve if successful. Roster spot
is cleared
from Miguel Olivo's trade to NL. That is all.

Bombers:

This supercedes the message
that I circulated LEAGUE-WIDE.

trade with Nukes

from me:  Huff, Timlin
to me:  Schilling, Reed Johnson

act:  Johnson, Schilling, Sabathia, Douglass, Rivera (U)
res:  Palmiero, Contreras, Robertson.

FAAB

J. Cruz. -- 11
F. German -- 11

if either succeeds, to reserve

waive in order  Howell, L. Carter

Nukes -2:

In addition to prior transactions, bid $9 on
FA Roberto Petagine.  If successful, to reserve roster.  If a fourth waiver
is necessary, waive Luis Vizcaino.

Mark

Calamari - 2:

I forgot to include one player in the trade with Berliners - Calamari
acquire Danks. Reserve him and release Pokey Reese.

Additionally:

FAAB Bid $12 Jose Cruz Jr.
if not successful then FAAB Bid $6 Terry Tiffee.

If either bid is successful, activate newly acquired player at UT, reserve
Bellhorn, and release Spiezio.

Berliners:

In light of the suspension of IRod:

Reserve IRod and activate W. Gonzalez

Thanks.

Hoosiers:

Greetings;
FAAB:  $6  R. Colon (Det).  If successful, reserve.
           $6  R. Petagine (Bos).  If successful, reserve.
           $22 J. Cruz (Bos).  If successful, reserve.
If necessary to waive please do so in this order; Crosby, Takatsu, Watson.

TRADE:  D. Young, J. Verlander, F. Thomas, C. Bradford to AYM in exchange
for
R. Sexson, J. Julio, K. Harvey.
             J. Washburn to Nukes in exchange for D. Hollins.

RESERVE:  Harvey, Crain, Dubois.
ACTIVATE:  Sexson (1B), Julio (P), Hollins (OF).
  That is all,
    Rick

AYM:

Please input this move for the AYM:
ACTIVATE:  D. Young (1B), F. Thomas (UT), J. Wright (P).
RESERVE:  Bradford, Verlander.
POS. INT.:  Figgins to OF, Youkilis to 3B.
  Thanks

Sidley Austin Brown & Wood LLP mail server made the following annotations on 08/08/2005, 09:51:26 AM:

To comply with certain U.S. Treasury regulations, we inform you that, unless expressly stated otherwise, any U.S. federal tax advice contained in this e-mail, including attachments, is not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, by any person for the purpose of avoiding any penalties that may be imposed by the Internal Revenue Service.

This e-mail is sent by a law firm and may contain information that is privileged or confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete the e-mail and any attachments and notify us immediately.