[USML Announce] USML - TQStats Update

Blocker, Mark B. mblocker at Sidley.com
Fri Aug 19 09:11:58 EDT 2005

Jim and others:

  I did some investigating and determined that we did have the wrong Brian
Anderson listed on the Calamari.  I noticed that, in the alphabetical
listing of free agents, under players listed with the last name beginning
with N, not A, it shows a "Brian N. Anderson" and a number of at-bats that
corresponds to the amount attributable to the current White Sox outfielder.
We will have to use something of a kluge to fix this.  As part of the
upcoming weekly transactions, I have entered a transaction, effective 8/21,
that waives the "wrong" player, adds the "right" player at a salary of zero
(to prevent deduction of FAAB dollars) and contract of Y1 (which is the
default), and then changed the salary and contract information to 5 and 0
respectively.  Because this transaction is effective 8/21, it will not show
the proper number of at bats the player had on Jim's team on reserve, but
will not affect the standings.

  If all this seems mind-numbing, I bring it to the league's attention only
so that people do not submit bids for Brian N. Anderson and do not submit
waiver claims for the player Jim has waived (and, of course, to acknowledge
that Jim was absolutely right about whether we had the right one).  Thanks.

  -- Mark B.

Sidley Austin Brown & Wood LLP mail server made the following annotations on 08/19/2005, 08:11:25 AM:

IRS Circular 230 Disclosure: To comply with certain U.S. Treasury regulations, we inform you that, unless expressly stated otherwise, any U.S. federal tax advice contained in this communication, including attachments, was not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, by any taxpayer for the purpose of avoiding any penalties that may be imposed on such taxpayer by the Internal Revenue Service.  In addition, if any such tax advice is used or referred to by other parties in promoting, marketing or recommending any partnership or other entity, investment plan or arrangement, then (i) the advice should be construed as written in connection with the promotion or marketing by others of the transaction(s) or matter(s) addressed in this communication and (ii) the taxpayer should seek advice based on the taxpayer's particular circumstances from an independent tax advisor.

This e-mail is sent by a law firm and may contain information that is privileged or confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete the e-mail and any attachments and notify us immediately.