[USML Announce] 9-28 USML report

Usmltrans at aol.com Usmltrans at aol.com
Sun Aug 28 13:44:05 EDT 2005

Gang:

  This week's moves.

I.  FAAB

Brats -27 (Lawton)
Brats -5 (Melhuse)
Hoosiers -7 (Quinlan)
Hoosiers -5 (Downs)
Hoosiers -5 (J. Harris)

II.  E-mailed moves

Nukes -1:

Bid $12 on FA Matt Lawton.  If successful,  to active roster, reserve Nick
Punto, and waive Luis  Vizcaino.

Mark

Klein Nine:

Bid $15 on Lawton.

If successful at $6 or more, activate him at UT,
reserve Eduardo  Perez, and waive Alberto Castillo.

If successful at $5, reserve Lawton  and waive
Castillo.

Bombers:

M. Lawton - 14; if succeeds, to  active at U, res Betancourt, Mueller to 2B,
waive L.  Carter.

Brats:

FAAB Matt Lawton $36, to reserve if  successful
FAAB Robb Quinlan $6, to reserve if successful
FAAB Adam  Melhuse $5, to reserve if successful
Release in order: Pat Borders, Willie  Harris, Calvin Pickering

Hoosiers:

FAAB:  $10  R.  Quinlan (LAA).  If successful, activate at OF, reserve  Logan.
$  9   S. Downs (Tor).  If successful, activate at P,  reserve
Crain.
If I  still have some dough left over after these two transactions,
I'll bid $5 on  J. Harris (Sea).  If necessary to waive anyone, please do so
in this  order;  J. Mays, M. Diaz, E. DuBose.
That is  all,
Rick

Berliners:

FAAB - $9 on Matt Lawton
If successful,  activate Lawton, reserve Ozuna and waive Quintanilla.

That is  all.

Jeff Winick

Calamari:

FAAB Bid $26 Matt Lawton.   If successful, activate Lawton at OF.  Move Inge
to CI. Reserve Luis  Rodriguez and release Gabe Gross.

Berliners 2:

Berliners trade  Julio
Lugo to Nukes for Tadahito Iguchi.

How about that??  A  truly mutually beneficial, non dump, deadline trade??

Jeff  Winick

Nukes -2:

Nukes trade Tadahito Iguchi to Berliners for  Julio Lugo.  Lugo to
active roster at MI.

Mark

Berliners  -3:

Trade Lugo for Iguchi.