[USML Announce] 9-28 USML report

john.fruit at usbank.com john.fruit at usbank.com
Mon Aug 29 12:16:13 EDT 2005

Crain's a nice pitcher and probably deserves a shot at a closer role
somewhere.....he'd be more use to the Twins if he could hit.

                      rickgam at comcast.n
                      et                       To:       "USML Announcements" <announce at usml.net>
                      Sent by:                 cc:
                      announce-bounces@        Subject:  Re: [USML Announce] 9-28 USML report
                      usml.net

                      08/29/2005 11:07
                      AM
                      Please respond to
                      "USML
                      Announcements"

John;
     I did get carried away.  I should have said "future The Man", probably
2007,  possibly 2006!!  But I won't back down from the Scott Downs
hyperbole.  He is the Cy Young of the past couple weeks.
    And I didn't mean to insinuate that the Brats weren't still in it - I
was keyed up by the Nuke/Berliner trade, which actually was quite brilliant
and could prove to be that rarity - a truly mutually beneficial trade.
     Nonetheless, it should be an exciting final five weeks!
   Rick

 > Jesse (soon to be The Man) Crain...................Rick, you are aware
 Joe
> [...]

 > Klein Nine:
 >
 > Bid $15 on Lawton.
 >
 > If successful at $6 or more, activate him at UT,
 > reserve Eduardo Perez, and waive Alberto Castillo.
 >
 > If successful at $5, reserve Lawton and waive
 > Castillo.
 >
 > Bombers:
 >
 > M. Lawton - 14; if succeeds, to active at U, res Betancourt, Mueller to
 > 2B,
 > waive L. Carter.
 >

 > Brats:
 >
 > FAAB Matt Lawton $36, to reserve if successful
 > FAAB Robb Quinlan $6, to reserve if successful
 > FAAB Adam Melhuse $5, to reserve if successful
 > Release in order: Pat Borders, Willie Harris, Calvin Pickering
 >

 > Hoosiers:
 >
 > FAAB: $10 R. Quinlan (LAA). If successful, activate at OF, reserve
 > Logan.
 > $ 9 S. Downs (Tor). If successful, activate at P, reserve
 > Crain.
 > If I still have some dough left over after these two
 > transactions,
 > I'll bid $5 on J. Harris (Sea). If necessary to waive anyone, please do
 > so
 > in this order; J. Mays, M. Diaz, E. DuBose.
 > That is all,
 > Rick
 >
 > Berliners:
 >
 > FAAB - $9 on Matt Lawton
 > If successful, activate Lawton, reserve Ozuna and waive Quintanilla.
 >
 > That is all.
 >
 > Jeff Winick
 >
 > Calamari:
 >
 > FAAB Bid $26 Matt Lawton. If successful, activate Lawton at OF. Move
 > Inge
 > to CI. Reserve Luis Rodriguez and release Gabe Gross.
 >

 > Berliners 2:
 >
 > Berliners trade Julio
 > Lugo to Nukes for Tadahito Iguchi.
 >
 > How about that?? A truly mutually beneficial, non dump, deadline trade??

 > Jeff Winick
 >

 > Nukes -2:
 >
 > Nukes trade Tadahito Iguchi to Berliners for Julio Lugo. Lugo to
 > active roster at MI.
 >
 > Mark
 >
 > Berliners -3:
 >
 > Trade Lugo for Iguchi.
 >
 > Move Cuddyer to OF
 > Move Ozuna to SS
 > Activate Iguchi at MI
 >
 > That is all.

 > Electronic Privacy Notice. This e-mail, and any attachments, contains
 > information that is, or may be, covered by electronic communications
 privacy
 > laws, and is also confidential and proprietary in nature. If you are not
 the
 > intended recipient, please be advised that you are legally prohibited
 from
 > retaining, using, copying, distributing, or otherwise disclosing this
 > information in any manner. Instead, please reply to the sender that you
 have
 > received this communication in error, and then immediately delete it.
 Thank you