[USML Announce] USML 2005 - Draft Day and beyond

JHWinick at aol.com JHWinick at aol.com
Wed Jan 26 13:14:20 EST 2005

I can draft on either date.  But about the size of the  league.....

Are you guys really afraid of bumping the league up to 12 teams?  When  I
went down to Arizona this year I was asked the secret of my success.  I
explained that my skills were honed against the best of the best.  But now  I learn
that an apparent majority of the league is afraid of a thin pool of  players for
reserve rosters and a small list of free agents for in season  bidding.  Can
it be?  Say it ain't so.

I think it would be great if we actually had seasons where the difference
between picking up a Miguel Cairo versus Ray Sanchez was determinative as
opposed to who's able to complete the last big dump trade.  What's wrong  with
having to identify the scrubbini pitcher who will provide enough wins or  saves to
overcome his lousy era or ratio?  That's the mark of a real  rotisserie
champion.  I say we add a couple of teams - the more the  merrier.

I'm only glad that Brad hasn't been subjected to this discussion.  It  would
break his heart.