[USML Announce] Baseball Draft

JHWinick at aol.com JHWinick at aol.com
Wed Jun 8 19:52:17 EDT 2005

In a message dated 6/8/2005 6:21:52 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
Bbuddhas at aol.com writes:

JUST TO SET THE RECORD STRAIGHT.....IN HIS SECOND SEASON (FOLLOWING  ROOKIE
STATUS)  A-ROD HIT .358 WITH 36 HR's AND 123 RBI's WHILE SCORING  141
RUNS........    I'D WAIT A YEAR FOR  THAT

No argument on that, Buddha.  But how many A-Rod's are there and do  you
really think that either Gordon or Clement is the next one?

Don't get me wrong - I love magic beans.  They're like instant lottery
tickets - they're fun to scratch and every now and then you win a few  bucks.  Who
knows - maybe Jared Weaver is the next Sandy  Koufax.  He probably isn't -
he's probably another failed prospect to  throw on the heap, but its fun to
watch, wait and see.

And if Baseball America pronounces that the odds that a  given lottery ticket
is a winner are higher than normal, sometimes you can  find someone who wants
to buy the ticket at a premium.

Isn't that the game that we all play?

I'm just trying to throw a little cold water on all the excitement about  the
beans.  They're still just beans after all.