[USML Announce] Draft Day 2005

JHWinick at aol.com JHWinick at aol.com
Sun Mar 20 11:46:05 EST 2005

In a message dated 3/19/2005 7:53:51 PM Central Standard Time,
RERobbins at iTinker.net writes:

It was  great to see all of you today.

Thanks for a most enjoyable  draft.

I'd like to pick up a backup shortstop.

If anyone is in  the mood for a small swap of reserve roster caliber players,
send me a  note.

Thanks,

-- Rich

Gentlemen,

Mark Blocker proclaims it "one" of the best days of the year.  For me  - it
is THE best.  Although most of my friends (and definitely my  family) think its
a little crazy that a 40+ year old man spends a full day  and then a fair
amount of his free time playing with baseball statistics,  they're all jealous
that I've found 10 other friends crazy enough to do it with  me.  To the newer
arrivals - thanks for helping keep the league an exciting  (and viable) group.
To the old timers (and you know  who you are), thank you for sticking it out
all these years  and for putting up with me.

Good luck to everyone this year (even the Bombers and Nine)!!!!

As for Rich's proposal, I, too, have discovered that I didn't do  a very good
job of balancing my reserve roster.  Seems that I got a little  focused on
magic beans.  I've got a number of reserve outfielders, but no  reserve middle
infielders.  No reasonable offer will be refused.