[USML Announce] Congratulations to Rick

JHWinick at aol.com JHWinick at aol.com
Mon Oct 3 09:35:19 EDT 2005

In a message dated 10/3/2005 8:07:04 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
mblocker at Sidley.com writes:

League:
Rick, congratulations on an excellent campaign.   You are a very deserving
champion.  You started with an excellent  retention roster and made it stand up
against all comers.  Congrats to  2005 champion Hoosiers !
Also, congrats to the Brats for their torrid, final day  climb into the
money.  Not only did you get the save you needed, but two  wins to boot !
And last, but not least, a tip of the cap to the 2004  champion Nukes, who I
think we all thought had no chance to repeat, but got a  lot closer than we
thought they would.
See you all next year -- which will be the 18th USML  season.  Our league
will finally be old enough to drink !
-- Mark B.

All of the congratulations are well deserved.  But there are a couple  of
missing notes:

First, thank are due to our commissioner for another season of hard  work.
Its a thankless job generally - so:

HERE"S TO THE COMMISH.  Thanks for a job well done.

And, of course, I would be remiss were I not to congratulate PT on another
successful Drive for Five.  Truth is that I had my doubts coming down the
stretch.  But I now understand that there is a method to the madness.   Nice job!