[USML Announce] Bombers Pay Up, Move On

MBBlocker at aol.com MBBlocker at aol.com
Fri Oct 7 23:14:41 EDT 2005

League:

  I just wanted to let all of you know that at noon central time today  I
paid off my chicken debt to that wily roto runner-up, Jeff Winick.

  For those who have forgotten, Jeff and I had made a friendly wager  on
whose roto team would finish higher in the standings.  Unfortunately for  me and
the greater good, Jeff prevailed.   So today I made the slow  walk to the ATM,
loaded my wallet, and headed for Harold Fried Chicken Shack to  pay up.  (For
those who have never been there, I am assured that all of the  offerings are
heart healthy).  Jeff had warned me in advance that he  was fasting for several
days beforehand to ensure that he could eat sufficient  quantities to empty
my wallet, and he made a pretty valiant attempt (note  though: be careful when
you bet with Jeff to clearly specify who is entitled to  payment - Jeff made
me pay for part of the lunch of our mutual friend who dined  with us - I am not
making this up!).

  With my debt discharged, and my public congratulations to Jeff  complete,
bring on 2006  --The Bombers will be back !!