[USML Announce] USML.NET -- Rules, Rosters, Standings, Email Archives

Richard E. Robbins RERobbins at iTinker.net
Sun Oct 30 09:20:45 EST 2005

I usually wait until way too late to capture the final standings on the
usml.net web site and I never remember to take a snap shot of the final
rosters.

Not this year my friends.  I'm trying to avoid real work so I took care of
all that!

Go to Prognosticators Alley on usml.net and you will find the 2005 final
standings and final rosters (with games played by position information).

Also, I managed to snag the announcement email list archives from our old
provider before switching to the new one, so if you visit Mailing List
Archives on usml.net you will find both the old archives (running from
autumn of 2003 until the end of this year) and the new one, which started
yesterday.

Finally, if you look at the rendition of the USML Constitution (visit Rules
on usml.net) you will see that I've taken the substance of the rules that we
used for the last two years to handle a pre-opening day auction and embedded
them in the text of the Constitution.  The text of the codifications is
based on a 2004 email message from Mark Kerber that summarized our debate
and was used to guide us the last two years.  This is something that Mark
Blocker urged me to do last spring and I was just too damn lazy.  I also
made one gratuitous change to the Governance section (I couldn't resist).
At any rate, the revised sectoins are highlighted.  Take a look and let me
know if you think I got anything wrong.

I will defer to Mr. Blocker to set out the timing for any off-season rules
proposals.