[USML Announce] USML - Commissioner Rules question

MBBlocker at aol.com MBBlocker at aol.com
Sun Sep 4 22:39:18 EDT 2005

League:

  You should by now have received this week's weekly report.  I  realized in
processing the transactions that I am uncertain how to handle waiver  claims,
so I am submitting this as a question.  After 9/1, if you obtain a  player via
FAAB, his contract status is FA (Rule 8.5).

  However, after 9/1, if you claim a player from waivers, what  contract
status does he have, FA or same as prior?  Rule 8.4 says his  status is
"unchanged," but I am unclear if that is modified by the fact that the  player is part
of the free agent pool after 9/1 and thus really an FA pursuant  to 8.5.

  FYI, no matter what the answer is, we should add a sentence to 8.4  to
clarify the constitution on this point.