[USML Announce] BREAKING NEWS - STATS SHOW BOMBERS IN 4TH PLACE - INVESTIGATION BEGINS

jhwinick at aol.com jhwinick at aol.com
Wed Sep 7 09:37:06 EDT 2005

This just in:

Chicago - League investigators are examining USML records to determine the source of the problem as the published standings for September 7, 2005 appear to show the Block's Bombers in fourth place.  "We're fairly certain that there's a problem with the statistical compiler and the logorithmic function since there can't be any other reasonable explanation" said league CIO Richard Robbins.  Longtime league member Mark Kerber was nearly (and uncharacteristically) speechless, but did manage to express his shock at seeing a Mark Blocker ("PT" to his close associates and friends) managed team in 4th place this late in the season:  "Holy sh-t!  It's September and PT's in 4th place - what the hell is going on?"  Mr. Blocker was far more circumspect and urged his fellow league members to be patient:  "Guys, the drive for five is a well oiled machine.  Please be patient.  Before the year is over this team will be comfortably locked into fifth place.  We'll get this little glitch corrected and have things back to normal shortly."