[USML Announce] Nukes

jhwinick at aol.com jhwinick at aol.com
Sun Apr 2 10:57:55 EDT 2006

 "Has Brad slipped? Was Jeff asleep at the wheel?"

Yes.  As anyone with a set of eyes could tell, Brad is off the 'roids.  In addition to having a material effect on the size of his upper body (and, I was relieved to hear during the draft, a return to normal size of certain other body parts in his lower body), it has also diminished his rotisserie skills.  Rumor has it that he is in negotiations with Barry Bonds to secure a supply of some of Barry's "good stuff".  I expect a return to normal in short order.  In the meantime, however, it sure isn't pretty, is it?  It looks to me like his strategy was "draft Sox".  Umm.....yea.  Good luck.

As for me, I confess to paying very little attention at the end of the draft and I didn't focus on the Ethier pick other than to note that Kerber was busting Brad's now restored balls (see above) over the pronunciation of his name.  Had I been paying closer attention, I would have pointed out that he was the key player in the Milton Bradley trade.  Mea cupla.  However, I admit that didn't know that Callaspo was traded on the 28th of February to Arizona.  I have a sneaking suspicion that he won't be missed, however.

Jeff

P.S.  I completely agree with Doug's assessment of Nix.  He'll only play until Matthews gets healthy, which should be soon.  Since Matthews is hurt, it was still a pretty shrewd pick.   But buyer beware if Kerber is pitching this guy in a trade - he still sucks.