[USML Announce] Berliner's Fire Sale - Part I

JHWinick at aol.com JHWinick at aol.com
Wed Apr 5 16:26:25 EDT 2006

In a message dated 4/5/2006 4:05:46 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
bljansen at gmail.com writes:

Jeff:
  make me an offer for Jason Childers so you can offer a bundled  deal to any
team desperate for TB saves (all 17 of 'em) !!
Brad Lee

I was waiting for you to throw down the gauntlet.  Thank you.  I  am now free
to comment on the quality of the remaining Riptorns that you are no  doubt
already peddling on an unsuspecting USML.  I can hear you now:

"Podsednik is fine - I hear that this little groin thing could clear up any
day.  He's a LOCK for 70+ stolen bases"

"Jim Thome is a 36 year old man with the body of a teenager.  Not only  is he
guaranteed to hit 40+ home runs, but he could steal a few bases to  boot.
Injury history??  You have my personal guarantee that he'll be  as healthy as a
horse."

"Adrian Beltre?  Steroids, you say?  I know this guy's mother and  let me
tell you, he wouldn't take an aspirin without his doctor's advice."

"Guys, all I'm asking for is Sizemore, Granderson, Hernandez, Peralta,  Crisp
or similarly good, but not great keepers.  Better hurry, because I'm  ready
to go!"

Bring it on Bradlee.  You're a little rusty.

That is all.

Jeff Winick