[USML Announce] Forever Young: Hey, What are Our Rules? .:.

JHWinick at aol.com JHWinick at aol.com
Thu Apr 27 14:34:33 EDT 2006

In a message dated 4/27/2006 2:13:39 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
anrklein at yahoo.com writes:

Papelbon was  basically an untested rookie three weeks ago, and Francona
handed the ninth to  him.  It worked out pretty  well.

Untested rookie?  Really?  Papelbon threw 34 innings after he was  recalled
last year, went 3-1 with a 2.65 ERA and a K per inning.  And he  did it in the
midst of a pennant race.  He'll blow some saves at some  point, but I wouldn't
count on Boston moving this guy out of closer's role this  year.  And if they
do, I'd expect either Foulke or Timlin to get a shot  before they hand it
over to an over-hyped college pitcher.  On the other  hand, if they don't and
Hansen is closing games by July, there is an outside  shot that he's worth half
of what you paid.  Now that's something to be  crowing about.....NOT.

That is all.  (I have to return to my efforts at updating PiNBAD and
preparing a response to Brad Lee's slanderous rantings).

Jeff Winick