[USML Announce] DUMP Update - Elijah Dukes It Out for the Last Time

JHWinick at aol.com JHWinick at aol.com
Tue Aug 1 17:13:20 EDT 2006

In what must certainly be considered a serious blow to Brad Lee's 2007
prospects, Elijah "Can't We All Just Get Along" Dukes, appears to have called it
quits.  Apparently, the Devil Rays have now figured out what all of  the USML
owners (save Brad Lee himself and maybe Rich) had long since  concluded:
Elijah Dukes is just too angry to play baseball.  Sure  makes you wonder what the
Devil Rays are feeding their pups, cuz clearly Delmon  is eating at the same
table.  This just in off the wires:

"Elijah Dukes said he might quit baseball after being suspended  indefinitely
Tuesday by the Rays pending an investigation into his five-game  suspension
by the International League.
Dukes, who was slated to return to Triple-A  Durham's lineup tonight, was
suspended by the leagues after he was ejected for  arguing balls and strikes on
July 25. "I have no idea when or if I'll be back,"  Dukes said. "I packed up
all my stuff and I'm headed home. To be honest, I don't  even know about
baseball anymore. Everything is just wearing on me and this year  has just been so
frustrating. I'm trying to keep my nose clean and keep to  myself, but things
just keep getting turned around. I'm tired of it."

Just another public service announcement from  your friends at DUMP.

Jeffrey Winick
DUMP