[USML Announce] DUMP Update - Winick is "Liri" but No Need to Say "A"hhh "No", Just Yet

JHWinick at aol.com JHWinick at aol.com
Wed Aug 2 11:17:05 EDT 2006

More detail is now available out of Minnesota and the news looks  promising
for all you fans of the man who would be King:

"According to the Twins, Francisco Liriano's injury is to his forearm and
not his elbow.
Well, that's better, but he's still missing his  scheduled start Wednesday.
"If we were later on in September, we would [let  Liriano pitch]," pitching
coach Rick Anderson said. "It's just more of a  precaution. You don't want to
mess with him. If we run him out there, and he's  not 100 percent, and something
happens, you'd never forgive yourself." Anderson  added that Liriano's next
start could come Sunday or Monday, so stay  tuned."
Source: _Minneapolis Star-Tribune _
(http://www.startribune.com/509/story/589091.html)

DUMP will continue to update this situation as it develops.

Jeffrey Winick
DUMP