[USML Announce] The Minnesota "Cubs"

JHWinick at aol.com JHWinick at aol.com
Tue Aug 8 07:47:24 EDT 2006

In a message dated 8/8/2006 6:56:14 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
jfruit1 at bloomberg.net writes:

Also,  for all interested parties, this quote from young stud Liriano in this

morning's Star Tribune, "I couldn't even throw the fastball, slider,
changeup,
anything"  referring to the pain in his elbow.   Anyway, inquiring minds want
know.

This is the Twin's official press release:

"It's a muscular problem -- as the game was going on, he started to feel
it," Gardenhire said. "We had him checked out before, and everything was fine,
but we'll have him checked out again. It's muscles, not his elbow."

Francisco, on the other hand, was seen in the dugout on the verge of  tears:

"In a quiet postgame clubhouse, Liriano, 22, seemed on the verge of tears,
and his voice crackled as he described the pain, pointing to the inside of the
elbow this time, beneath the muscle and possibly in the joint."

So.....who do you believe?  I believe that we're witnessing another  major
league ballclub lead its fans astray and blow any semblance of credibility  it
may have once enjoyed.  Does this remind anyone else of the Cubs?

My condolences to Francisco Liriano - may he recover soon.  My middle  finger
is extended to the Twins front office and their disingenuous b.s.

That is all.

Jeff Winick
DUMP