[USML Announce] Republicans

rickgam at comcast.net rickgam at comcast.net
Thu Jul 6 19:51:31 EDT 2006

Buddha;
     Sorry, I can't let this one go!  You can question my fantasy baseball prowess and my lack of prowess picking political leaders (at least we've got Obama), and any other prowess that strikes your fancy, but I do know basketball my friend!  The fact that young Master Hildebrand scored on Tamika in a one on one match is nice, but doesn't move me.  As a studly young undergrad at Indiana University back in the day, yours truly was usually the only white boy on the main court and I managed to score on Mike Woodson, Landon Turner, and Isiah Thomas.  Was I in their league?  Hell no!  But I also played against some quality female comp, including Kim Land, who I believe was Indiana's Ms. Basketball while I was at IU.  I scored on her a bit easier than the big boys, but after playing against her and some of her mates over many weeks, we all gained a good amount of respect for their game.  They couldn't jump as high as we could and couldn't stop us underneath, but they beat our butts more
 than once by being so fundamentally sound.  And this was 25 years ago.  Women are SO MUCH BETTER now than they were then.  I would love to see Tamika and her fellow Indiana Feverites play a decent Divison I men's team.  Not a Big 10 or ACC team, but something like a UIC or Loyola.  The men might beat them slightly more, but the Indiana Fever would whip any boy's high school team that didn't include Greg Oden.  The good women's college teams like Tennessee and Penn State scrimmage every day against guys who were the stars of their high school teams, but not quite good enough to play for the men's team.  You should ask these guys how good the top women are.
     Sorry, I know that's more info than you probably cared for, but I'll keep my comments to baseball when I'm competing next year!
    Rick
From: Bbuddhas at aol.com